– Head, The Department of Environmental, Water and Agricultural Engineering, from September 2002 to February 2007.
– Dean, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Technion, from Oct. 1997 to December 1999.
– Director, Coastal and Marine Engineering Research Institute, Technion, March 1994 to April 2001.
– Professor of Civil Engineering, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel, from February 1991.
– Visiting Professor, University of Vienna, Austria, Faculty of Mathematics, April-Sep. 2013, (host Prof. A. Constantin).
– Visiting Professor, University of Oslo, Norway, Department of Mathematics, May 2007 – Aug. 2007 (host, Prof. K. Trulsen).
– Visiting Professor, Keele Center of Wave Dynamics, UK, March 2007 – April 2007 (host, Prof. V. Shrira).
– Visiting Professor, M.I.T., USA, July – Aug. 2004 (host: Prof. C.C. Mei).
– Visiting Professor, Keele Center for Wave Dynamics, UK, Sept. 2003 (host, Prof. V. Shrira).
– Visiting Scientist, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University, July 2002 – August 2002 (host, Dr. Y. Kushnir).
– Visiting Professor, Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science, University of Miami, USA. Sept. 2000 – Feb. 2001 (host, Prof. M. Donelan).
– Visiting Scientist, International Research Center for Computational Hydrodynamics, Horshlom, Denmark, July 1997 – Sept. 1997 (host: Prof. P.A. Madsen).
– Visiting Professor, Engineering Mathematics Department, University of Bristol, England, September 1993 – February 1994 (host: Prof. S.J. Hogan).
– Visiting Professor, Department of Mathematics, University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand, March 1993 – August 1993 (host: the late Dr. P.J. Bryant).
– Visiting Scientist, CSIR,EMATEK Stellenbosch, South-Africa, July 1990 – September 1990 (host: Dr. H. Swart).
– Visiting Research Associate, Applies Mathematics, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, Ca. USA. July 1986 – September 1986 (host: Prof. P. G. Saffman).
– Research Fellow, Ralph M. Parsons Laboratory for Water Resources and Hydrodynamics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Mass. U.S.A. August 1982 – September 1983 (host: Prof. C.C. Mei).
– Post-Doctoral Fellow, School of Mathematics, University of Bristol, England, July 1978 – July 1979 (host: Prof. D.H. Peregrine).
Klein award for excellence in research in the field of: Nonlinear problems in ocean waves and coastal engineering, 1983.